About us  |   Personnel  |  Undergraduate   |   Graduate  |   Research  

กแ FAQ

1. [Credit Acquiring] Can undergraduate students have the credits taken in the graduate school approved when they enter the graduate school?
Students in the junior year and over can take the courses given in the graduate school upon the approval by dean or head of the department, and the credits thus acquired can be either reflected in the total credits required for the undergraduate graduation or added to the total credits acquired in the graduate school (up to 6 credits) for the completion of the program or graduation. This can be done by submitting the Application for Credit Summation Approval to the department office during the first semester upon entering graduate school.
2. [Course completion/Graduation] Where and how can students check whether they have properly completed the courses required for graduation?
For the guidance on the completion of courses, students can check the SNU's Curriculum Guide being updated every year. (Every student should complete courses proper to his/her school year of entrance.) On the front pages are the general education courses for each college, and on the other pages are the major courses for each department (or college). The SNU's Curriculum Guide can be found at the college office and offered to students for reading by visiting the office. Students can also seek advices related with their major by the graduation consultants at the department office.
3. [Course Registration] What should students do when the types of courses (major, general education, etc.) are wrongly stated or corrections on a repeated completion of a course are performed?
Students should submit the Application for the Correction of the Course Types to the department office
4. [Course completion/Graduation] What are the basic standard and qualifications for completing the undergraduate courses and graduations?
Registration: 6 times and over (should be registered at the time of the specific semester, and submit the Application for Graduation by the time the student completed one fourth (1/4) of his/her courses)
    Total credits acquired: 130 and over
   GPA: 2.0 and over for both the entire and major courses
   General Education: Class of 2002~2003: 36 credits / 2004 and after: 43 or more credits
   Major Courses: Class of 2002~2003: 39 credits / 2004 and after: 45 credits and over
   Graduation Thesis: Those who passed examinations including the graduation thesis
5. [Scores] Who gets a scholastic warning?
A scholastic warning is given to the undergraduate students whose GPA of a semester does not reach 1.7 (2.0 for the students of the college of medicine), or to the students who score "F" in 3 or more courses, or in 6 or more credits. But this rule is not applicable to the colleges that adopt the course repetition system follow.
6.[Credit Acquiring] What are the qualifications for the double major and minor programs and the application period?
Students can apply for a double major two weeks before the start of the next semester after acquiring at least a half of the minimum credits required for the graduation of a college (department), and a minor during the application period at the beginning of a semester after acquiring 33 or more credits.
7.[Course completion/Graduation] Can those students who registered 8 or more times and acquired enough credits for graduation continue to study in school?
The undergraduate programs are limited to 8 years (16 semesters) maximum, and students can continue to study within this time limit. Failure to complete the courses within the time results in the expulsion from school due to the exceeding of the time limit.
8. [Registration] What happens to the students who return to school following a temporary absence after registration?
For returning to school, the students have to submit the relevant application to the department office, and they will be properly registered without any further registration procedures. The students who exceeded the limited number of registration times (undergraduates 9 times, masters 5, Ph.D. 5 times and over) should have to pay for the exceeding credits. (the amount to be billed on the tuition bill)
9.[Course Registration] How do the students add or drop 6 or more credits during the course dropping or adding period?
The students of changed register (with a double major or a minor) or those under inevitable situations should submit to the department office the relevant application form that can be obtained from the office, and have the applied credits changed subject to the approval on the reasons stated, with the changes reflected on the computer the next day.
10. [Course Registration] What conditions should the students satisfy to apply for up to 21 credits, well over the 17 credits required for each semester?
The GPA in the two preceding semesters should be 3.3(B+) and over.
11.[Changes of Register] How do the students who are removed from school register due to failure to register continue to study in school?
The students can return to the school register once within a year in case they were removed from register due to a failure to register and there is a vacancy in the quorum. After one year passed, they are allowed to reenter school just once. (applications for returning to, or reentering school should be submitted to the department office during the period for returning to school.) Returning to, and reentering, school are permitted just one time respectively, and the students who were removed from register after having returned to school can reenter school just one time. In this case, all the data on the register are to be kept as they are.